Where Was I...

There are many moving parts in this world and in one's life as well and how you arrange them helps mold and create who you are. I always dreamed of being someone. I never wanted my end of days to come with the realization that I never made my mark. I didn't just want to be another guy in history. The struggle with that thinking sometimes corrupts the mind and hides who you really are. Who am I really...the most important title I own is of a father and then a husband yet in my struggles of wanting to be more than the mid-level manager of a tool company that I am I tend to forget that. I am also one integral part of Nerd Thug Radio who yearns to grow and earn some token of famousness and I try and create this persona of Joey Savage when really I'm just Joseph Kay.

The decision will have to be made one day which is more important? Joey Savage the wannabe radio personality or Joseph Kay the family man. At times I think I need more and I need to do more to grow that Joey Savage persona so that it will create more opportunities to be Joseph Kay but if I really step back and look...Joseph Kay is enough. I can't just think about my actions and how they affect me. I am the leader of this family I created and when the dust settles and the smoke clears they will be the ones right by my side. My judgment is clouded though by the desire to be more. When can I accept that what I am is enough. I see so much happening in this world and I see fathers making decisions that will affect their kids life forever and I say to myself "how can they do that" and at times I have to ask myself the same thing.

I was recently reminded of what my number one priority should be and the fact I couldn't see it myself is troubling. So where was I...oh yes I found myself and now I see things clear. I originally created a blog for Nerd Thug Radio with the desire to share of piece of me and my family with all of the listeners but somewhere along the way I lost that and chose to build the show up instead. This blog will be raw and it will be more Joseph Kay than Joey Savage and I hope along the way it stays true to the person I really am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Savage Babe Hall of Fame

Savage of the Week 10/8/17-10/14/17